We have started our recipe contest* (finally). Submit your favorite recipes and be submitted into a drawing for a an iPod Shuffle at the end of the year. Submit as many times as you would like in order to increase your chances at winning. Each month several recipes will be featured on our website. If your recipe is featured you will receive two entries for the drawing. Submission is easy, all you need to do is email your recipe to:
Pictures would be greatly appreciated. They certainly look better on the website. Good Luck!
*contest only open to patients and their families
The following is the recipe to Dina’s Delightful Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 3/4 Cup Sugar/Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Stick of Soft Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- Place cookie dough on cookie sheet
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- 1 Round (8oz.) container of cream cheese with pineapple (or regular or light cream cheese)
- 1.5 cups Swiss Cheese
- 0.5 cups dried cranberries
- 1 T. orange rind (or a splash of orange juice)
- 2 T. Dry Sherry (or a splash of wine)
- Mix togetehr with mixer
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutues
- Serve with apples, pears, or crackers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
The following is the recipe for Cherie’s “To Die For,” Spinach & Bacon Quiche!!
- 6 Large eggs beaten
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (9-in.) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pile plate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the egg mixture is set
- Cut into 8 wedges
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
Well, the website is almost finished! We are now ready to begin our monthly Recipe page on our website. We will be posting recipes from our staff the first of each month. To submit your recipe you can:
- Email the recipe to our office or
- Drop your recipe off during your next appointment
There are several ways to navigate to the Recipe page. The easiest is by clicking here. You can also navigate to the page from the main site by hovering over the extras tab and then clicking on Recipes. That will take you directly to the page. You can also access the page by selecting recipes from the categories portion of any page in the blog site.
We really hope that our patients feel compelled to get involved and enjoy the fun of sharing your best dishes! We look forward to trying your recipes.